Saturday, March 15, 2008

Figure painting


Ahead of going to LA for a week, I'm reworking some of my figure paintings. This one is coming along and I will work on it just a little more. Still trying to develop the thickly painted surface I want combined with a somewhat realistic figure. This one is 16 x 20. Not sure how much work I'll get done on the trip or if will get a chance to update this blog much. Still deciding whether to bring my paintbox or only my sketchbook and camera.


Will be nice to get some warmer weather in the southland after a month of cool temperatures and rain in Seattle. Great for the flowers and trees but depressing as the winter just lingers. Better than the snow in Ohio but I'm looking forward to working out in shorts and T-shirt again after a season of pants and jackets. Of course, in Seattle, as soon as the sun peeks out, even if it's 40 degrees, the shorts and sandals come out and the convertible tops come down. People dress by the sun, not the temperature. I always want to ask what more will you take off when it's 80 in July?

No comments: