Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bathhouse Theater


For many years I've enjoyed the view of the Green Lake Bathhouse theater. Here is a fall scene with the theater peeking out between the trees. I've exaggerated the colors a little to bring out the season. You can see, even in this small image, the thickness of paint I've been striving for. This is done mainly with the palette knife with just the lightest touches from a brush. This work is 8 x 10 inches.

I'm also working hard on my two large abstracts and feel they are almost finished. I'm getting the look of infinity I want. The paintings take you into a new world, one without end. I want to push this as far as I can and then back off and make them not as quite as dense as the current works are as I explore color, paint, and line.

No comments: