Friday, March 7, 2008

Figure Painting


Have had a cold the past few days so not very productive. Seems I get through the winter well and then catch a cold in the spring. Tried a figure painting using palette knives only and although this image doesn't show it well, I'm fairly happy with the result. I tried to stay very loose and have thicker and thinner paint layers. The goal is to be able to paint a quick figure this way in my drawing sessions using only 3-4 colors of paint, mainly white, black, tan, and red or brown. I've been studying Nathan Oliveira's very abstract figure painting and what I want is the paint quality but with somewhat more realism in the actual figure. The image here is on an 8x10 board and I will probably work on it some more, maybe even destroying parts, but wanted to show the work in progress.

No comments: