Monday, March 10, 2008

Arboretum Trees


This is another small landscape of water, skies, and trees. I feel I captured the rich reds of the foliage.


I also completed my three larger abstracts I've been working on. Will photo and post these once they dry a little more. Have moved them out of my studio where I don't have room to store them and work too. Starting a new one plus redoing several more landscapes before start a new series.


Also started another figure but don't quite have the thick palette knife technique down for these yet. The paint takes several days to set up at this thickness so I have to work wet-in-wet to make adjustments. Will see where these lead. The challenge and learning experience are most important. The goal is to incorporate my figure drawing and thick impasto paint technique.

No comments: