Saturday, February 23, 2008

Green Lake Night


This is another small painting, 12 x 16, that I'm redoing in a thicker style with the palette knife. I often walk Seattle's Green Lake at night and this image was from a remembered dark night where I could see dark clouds and background against a silver lake. There were just a few lights along the lake and in the distance along with ballfield lights. The lake is a constant for my landscapes and I return to it again and again. I have a large project in mind where I take photos from the middle of the lake and paint a series of works that can be hung around a room on all sides, enveloping the viewer with a 360 degree view of the lake shore. I plan on doing this during the summer when the trees are lush and colors are bright.

1 comment:

Celia said...

I thought the Green Lake at Night was very good. As many times as I have run or walked around Green Lake it has always been during the daylight hours. Am looking forward to your 360 degree view of Green Lake. Maybe I will see a runner I recognize.