Friday, February 1, 2008

Abstract progress


I have started a few works for the abstract art class, one in my swirl style that has the density I like, more dense than most of the previous work I have done in this style . This is in progress but getting the look I want. I started doing this style years ago during spare moments at my day job, using markers, since I didn't have art materials handy. I started then buying silver and gold markers to add to the effect and have quite a few of these 3x5 inch works in a binder as references and inspiration for larger works. I intend to start doing these very large soon, probably by using several canvases combined as I paint in my home and the canvas must fit through a normal door and be transportable up a flight of stairs. During the summer months I can paint in my garage in a pinch but it's way too cold right now. Here is the in-progress work, on a 16x20 canvas board.

No comments: