Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Varied weekend



Wow. What a range of art this past 3 days. I read Kirk Varnedoe's book, Pictures of Nothing, a transcript of 2003 lectures on abstract art from the 1950's to the present. I paint several styles of abstracts and am starting a course next week on abstract painting , mainly to decide on future painting directions and this book gave me a good refresher on abstract art. At the same time, I attended a life drawing class, a tradition that goes back hundreds of years. Interesting to see were these two avenues will lead my work in the future. I finally have the time to experiment as well as work on my art. In the life drawing I try out various papers and textures versus various drawing mediums. Eventually I hope to develop my style there that I enjoy and and will give the best results. Here are a couple of images I drew today.

No comments: