Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Green Lake oil sketch


I live just north of Seattle's Green Lake and it has been a subject of mine to paint for many years. I completed some small works recently from sketches made this summer. It's nice to look at these in winter with some frost on the ground to remind me of what a nice summer day there is like. I'm a racewalker so have been around the lake's 2.8 mile path roughly ten thousand times in my years in Seattle. I sometimes carry my small digital camera just in case I see a scene or wildlife I can't resist. This scene is a 6 x 8" oil done on unstretched canvas and is a view from the NW corner looking south. It is for sale at $85.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tank you for sharing, Stan. I really enjoy the opportunity to see what you are up to these days. Happy retirement!! Happy painting!