Monday, July 7, 2008


Have been out of town so only did a few wax paintings. Here is a retake of a painting I did in oils earlier as a 5x7 wax painting.

Visited a hot North Carolina but of course missed the hottest day of the year in Seattle. It's all in the timing. Training for my racewalking for a meet in Spokane next month and it's always hot there so hoping for hot weather here at home to be ready. Last time I did this meet it was in NC and was 119 degrees on the track during my 5K event. Needless to say, actual racing was out of the question as the first goal was to finish on my feet. Coming from Seattle is a definite disadvantage at hot weather venues.

Have a few other new works in progress and hope to make up for the gap here soon. Still a problem deciding what's worth doing as art these days. Have a few "political" works in progress too as a protest of what's happening in the world. Does a visual protest have any impact? The latest Art in America magazine had a good article about this issue.

I'm using symbols and combining them in unique ways to at least express my opinion as I only lightly engage the political process. I vote and write a few letters and help fund my preferred candidates but I'm not an activist otherwise.

No comments: