Saturday, April 23, 2016

Weekly Plein Air paintings

We were out painting at Beach 69, or Waialea Bay beach, on Friday. The air was clear and we could see Maui in the distance so I decided to definitely add that for the first time.There were nice waves in the foreground, and clouds in front of Maui and I think this one is basically done although I always find a few things to touch up. LOL.

Next one is a tree stump along the shore. I haven't tackled this one before as have seen others try and it's not easy. I tried to emphasize some of the major branches and hint at the rest and am reasonably happy with the result although it needs a few touch ups too.This seems to be the usual process, paint on Friday, and then finish up with touch ups over the weekend.

These are both 8x10 on canvas panels.



   

No comments: