Friday, February 5, 2010

Seattle's Golden Garden's Beach


Have been busy this week updating my art photo database. Have created thumbnail size images so I can pop them into my Access database and see each image in my data. It's a long project but finally will have the image in the same place as my data to better manage my work. Realize need to photo some I don't have images of and need to delete and toss the work not worth saving. Yes, we all create junk at times when experimenting. I'm a little bit of a pack rat and save too much.

The image here is from Seattle's Golden Garden's beach park. I sat on the rocks and painted this, with a large rock in front of me. I don't work outside that often as it's either too cold, wet, or hot. That's why I usually take photos to work from in the studio. I do plan on a few more outdoor sessions this summer and am preparing by getting my equipment gathered during the winter. This painting my favorite size for outdoors, 8x10. I have a 9x12 pochade box too but it's a little too large to travel around with.

No comments: