Friday, February 12, 2010

New Night Scene




I've been trying to continue a hot pace of work despite being busy at my "other job" lately. This is a scene from my memory of a beautiful night at near by Green Lake in Seattle. The dark storm clouds as the sun passed sunset made the lake silver with reflections of the lights in the distance. I had done an 8x10 of this but disliked the result so tossed it. This is much larger at 20x24 inches but I feel I pulled it off in my palette knife style.

Also found out today two of my somewhat abstract figures were accepted into an art show titled "Unclad" taking place in a town north of Seattle. I hadn't entered shows in a while but plan on trying to exhibit more as my new style develops. Also used the palette knife style on the figures so I must be on to something.






No comments: