Sunday, May 25, 2008

New Wax Landscape


This is a 6x9 landscape of my favorite place, Seattle's Green Lake. I realized a problem with the wax based painting is that there are only a limited number of color cubes I have to work with so I need to blend on the work itself. With paint I can just mix the color I want but the wax doesn't lend itself to mixing as I don't have many colors nor do I want to get involved in melting the colors together other on the actual painting surface. The plus side is that I tend to work brighter and more impressionist style with small bits of color, like Monet or Seurat. I will be trying some figure paintings to make use of my drawing sessions with the wax technique. Also reworking a large Green Lake landscape with my thick palette knife style but not at a point where want to show it yet. Stay tuned.

No comments: