Sunday, May 11, 2008

Drawings

Here are some new drawings from my life sessions. Model was tall and slim.




Also have been working on some Southwest landscapes but taking a while so no finished results to post. Some works take longer in the oven to bake...




Also took a class on encaustic or hot wax painting. I'm looking for depth and translucent surfaces however in this class we melted the wax with a small iron and with soldering type irons so while the effects were interesting, it wasn't quite what I was looking for. Did create a couple of nice swirls style works postcard size but I was able to do these with markers before. Only advantage with the wax is the immediate drying and the depth of the wax so automatic texture is added. Also, the metallics were nice and give a jewelry like look. Will see if I do more of this but always good to learn a new technique for future reference.

No comments: