Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Catching up on posts.

A little lagging on things lately as lost my favorite cat suddenly to a medication reaction. Great little kitty, very interactive and also cuddly. Med was Bravecto flea med so beware if you use this. One dose and she went into convulsions next day and vet couldn't save her. The drug companies need a way to test a smaller dose to check for reactions versus a whole dose that was fatal. Only changed meds as she had skin irritations to Revolutions brand. Who knew? 

That said, here are a few of my latest works. Both of these are my regular 8x10. Top one is Captain Cook monument from across the bay. Bottom one was painted on a cloudy day at Kona Inn. Due to conditions, I concentrated on nearby rocks and waves. First version wasn't very good so I went over it with thick paint and a palette knife. Had wanted to practice anyway so was a good opportunity. It's growing on me after the final touchups at home. I've done palette knife works on and off and always seem to get the these nice and colorful.  


   

No comments: