Sunday, July 10, 2016

New work in various media

Have been doing my regular oil painting but wanted to shake things up a little. Did a limited palette study using only orange, blue, and white outdoors Friday, but no way to make any green colors so the trees came out like fall colors which don't fit here in Hawaii. Decided to go over the work with wax or encaustic with a stylus which I had done in the past. The result is below: 




   

I also wanted to try some acrylics which I had but didn't use for a while either. In my many years of painting I've used almost every media before settling on oils but do like the fast drying of acrylics, especially here in Hawaii where they paint dries in minutes. I used an image I had of the Holei Sea Arch here on the Big Island. I like the contrast as the acrylics dries darker but you have to be careful not to make the whole image too dark.





No comments: