Monday, February 22, 2016

2016 work outdoors

I have been painting just not posting lately. The VOG, volcanic gas released from the active volcano in the south end of island of Hawaii, has been affecting me lately and makes me lethargic at times. It comes and goes depending on the wind and weather so I try to work harder when I'm feeling good and hunker down not. Still, I've been out the the local Plein Air painters group most Fridays and here are some of the results.

The top one is a 10x20, about the largest size I try to do outdoors. It's a view from the Old Energy Lab beach looking north toward Kona town. I tried to emphasize the morning clouds but they sure moved fast. Next is the City of Refuge beach, an 8x10, my usual outdoor size. Last is a study of a single tree by the Old Airport Park beach. I keep working on loosening up my style and sometimes it works, and sometimes not. The joy of painting.   


 

   

No comments: