Monday, March 9, 2009

Lake Washington View


This is an 8x10 thickly painted scene of Lake Washington in Seattle. I'm next working on a challenging interior scene and will see how it works out.
Still working part time so less time to paint but have a bigger series of new landscapes in mind and will start working on these soon. Was going to take a related class to get me going on these new works but figure can invest the price of the class in materials instead. Also have some schedule conflicts and at the high hourly price, wouldn't want to miss a session. Mainly take classes to motivate myself but in this economic environment I'd do better to motivate myself and spend the money more efficiently. Most classes I end up being the most advanced learner and don't get that much out of them other than the several hours of class time to discuss art.

No comments: