Friday, August 29, 2008

New Political Art


I finally finished my several month project in wax of war protest art. It is a flag design that I titled Bush's Folly Flag. The blue star field says "George W. Bush's Folly in Iraq" at the top and "Over 4,000 U.S. Lives X'd Out." at the bottom. The flag has stripes consisting of the red and white background X's and there are blue X's between the stars. The overall work is 32 x 42 inches on 4 panels glued down to a firm platform. The current casualty count in Iraq is 4169 and the flag contains 4366 X's as I anticipate this being the 2008 total at least, maybe even the total by the election. Of course, I could also talk about the thousands and thousands of Iraqis killed but this project took several months total making the wax X's to get to the 4,000 plus. Now I need to find a venue to display the work. Any suggestions appreciated.

No comments: