Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Latest work

 A variety of  work lately. Top is a 16x20 studio work from Magoon's beach north of Kona. Seems the larger I paint, the more realistic I tend to work. Haven't figured out how to get the looseness I like in the smaller outdoor work to carry over to larger work. 


Next is something I've been working on for a while. It's a long big wave across 5-8x10 panels. I finally added surfers on the wave and put the panels into a long "frame" derived from a screen of five panels. I call this one Big Wave.



Also included two Oregon scenes from a friend's photos.  Top is 12x12 of a bay that filled up with waves than then drain out the front. Below is a 6x8 of a rocky beach near sunset. Nice for a change of pace in colors from all the Hawaii paintings.  






No comments: