Sunday, February 27, 2022

Latest Work

Some new work as I have been busy outdoors and in the studio. Top is 11x14 work from beautiful Magoon's Beach, facing south. This an extract from a larger painting I did last year.   



Next is an 8x8 inch exercise in analogous color from a new book: The Landscape Painter's Workbook, by Mitch Albala. I used orange through violet on the color wheel. 
 

This is an 11x14 done at Hookena Beach, one of our favorite painting spots as there many views to paint. I've done this direction several times and here I zoomed in on the background and emphasized the sand and water and activity at the beach. 



Last, this is my usual 8x10 outdoors at Kahaluu Beach close to my home. We often paint under the shade of the pavilion and this time I faced out and south toward the edge of the beach. I wanted the bright red of the building and the variety of the rocks showing at lower tide. The waves were strong so I put  them in at  the right edge. Higher tide would cover the rocks in the foreground almost completely.   



No comments: