Friday, April 15, 2016

New website

I've just updated my art website to www.bigislandart.com. It's a WIX site that is more user friendly and I'll update it more often. This blog is also linked on the home page there for better coordination. There are galleries of recent Hawaii work, plus some abstract work that survived my move to Hawaii. 

Below is an 11x14 beach scene that I did plein air, the largest I've attempted outdoors. Needed a few touchups in the studio but I feel it is pretty successful.   



Here are a couple of recent photos from the Big Island. First is me painting outdoors in my usual outfit of shorts and fishing vest.The vest has pockets to hold my sketchpad, pencils, small camera, even my lunch. We try to choose locations where there will be shade so I don't often need my special umbrella. Other photo is me with my wife, Daniela, in front of our home in Kailua Kona. Normal outfits every day are shorts and tank tops. Gotta love the Hawaii weather - the reason we moved here.    


     

No comments: