Friday, September 6, 2013

Latest Plein Air work

Have been outdoors at Fall City, and the UW Horticultural Center, for the past two sessions of the Evergreen Assoc. of Fine Arts Plein Air painting group. Weather is starting to change to fall here in Seattle so it's getting a little cloudier but we lucked out and didn't rain on us the past two Wednesdays outside.

The first work is 6x12, painted after I got home as the on-site work didn't satisfy me but the fog in the mountains behind the farm where we painting at Fall City fascinated me. 

The second work is an 8x10 painted at the horticultural center where I emphasized the water lilies at the shore's edge. This is the view looking north from the water's edge. It's a great viewpoint and I did several works last year facing west and south. 



No comments: